Distributor Sales Representative
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, is currently seeking a Distributor Sales Representative to join our team. This position is based at our Pensacola, FL facility.
The Distributor Sales Representative is responsible for managing the assigned customer base to increase sales in the local marketplace and provide sales and technical assistance to distributors and internal personnel. In this role, you will be responsible for directly interfacing with assigned distributors by providing a variety of sales support and administrative services in inventory management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will identify and coordinate training needs, product promotion administration, product and price information as well as problem resolution in order to optimize Eaton electrical penetration and sales
- You will provide customer support in the areas of product capabilities, claims and billing adjustments
- You will achieve sales goals and executing sales plans within an assigned sales territory and/or accounts
- You will utilize established co-worker relationships with plants to accomplish the strategic plan
- You will support total quality efforts by providing timely and accurate information for order entry, elevating quality issues to attention of management
- You will collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preference, and buying habits
- You will interface with assigned distributors by providing a variety of sales support and administrative services in inventory management
- You will train distributors on new products, e-commerce, and Eaton processes while evaluating distributor training needs
- You will conduct local training and/or assisting in registration for Eaton University classes
- You will manage and leverage commitments/Co-op Program while maintaining or creating a point of purchase for distributor counter areas
- You will train distributors on how to use internal programs such as Vista, Bidmanager, and the Commitments program
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of sales, sales support, marketing or engineering experience within the electrical industry
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Strong electrical industry and product knowledge
- Distribution knowledge and/or experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to learn/teach electronic/computer processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict effectively
- Ability to establish and build customer relationships within the market area
- Eaton electrical product, service, and market knowledge
- Possesses presentation, training and planning skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time