EHS Technician (1st Shift)
- You will support site ISO/OHSAS certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics.
- You will assure closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis.
- You will support the creation of a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes; supporting actions during crises, as well as site security.
- You will operate forklift safely to collect, transport, and process metal waste through PRAB and Slinging Equipment.
- You will clean out machines, remove sludge, and replace with fluid at required intervals to ensure quality machine function and eliminate contamination.
- You will provide rapid response to various requests for replacement fluid, absorbent material, and other various wastes.
- You will perform weekly rounds of chemical inventory to ensure stocked requirements are maintained.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Searcy, AR will be considered
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience or education with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training
- Comprehension of industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling and disposal methods
- Ability to identify Eaton, industry, state, and country EHS requirements
- Ability to operate various types of environmental processing equipment
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in forklift operation
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work in a team environment
- Ability to follow written instructions (work instructions, JIP sheets, etc.)
- Ability to interact and participate in a team driven culture
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No