Marketing Communications Specialist
Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Hydraulics headquarters, in Eden Prairie, MN.
The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for the development of integrated marketing communications campaigns for Eaton’s Hydraulics business. In this role, you will promote awareness of products, services, new solutions and programs from Eaton Hydraulics. Communication will include both market lead generation and channel communication. You will work collaboratively with Sales, Training, and Product teams to plan and implement product awareness campaigns and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communication efforts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will drive differentiated messaging to multiple target audiences through online and print advertising, events, email and public relations
- You will work with product management and sales as key stakeholders, develop integrated campaigns that create and sustain awareness of Eaton’s products and services
- You will conduct product launch promotional programs in partnership with product management, sales, global marketing peers, channel marketing and channel partners
- You will work closely within the marketing communications team globally (EMEA, APAC) to coordinate messaging and promotions and deploy campaign messaging, tools, promotions and corresponding measurements for ROI analysis
- You will develop lead generation programs to support growth in strategic product categories
- You will establish, track and report key performance metrics against goals and industry benchmarks
- You will coordinate public relations outreach for campaign-related messaging with public relations agency
- You will develop programs to leverage social media, thought leadership, and drive brand awareness
- You will use marketing automation and digital media tools to develop and execute lead generation and awareness campaign
- You will be responsible for owning all content related to assigned product lines
- You will work closely with digital team to develop content and collateral for new website platform
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years' experience project managing marketing communications initiatives with an emphasis on digital marketing campaigns or projects with significant digital marketing components
- Minimum 3 years' experience authoring and developing brochure, campaign or digital content
- Minimum 3 years' experience building campaigns for technology products that appeal to a technical audience
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN to be considered
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Experience developing campaigns that integrate marketing automation processes and use marketing automation software
- Experience leading the development of digital assets such as app development, interactive sales tools and website content optimization
- Experience working to establish brand standards or leading a branding or rebranding initiative for a well-known brand and/or company
- Experience working in a large organization with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment (including third party agencies )
- Experience working under tight deadlines
- Initiative, organizational skills, and proven leadership
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Superior written communications skills and messaging
- Expert use of Microsoft Office
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time