Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
- You will maintain and repair various types of production equipment including, but not limited to, grinders, CNC machines, assembly equipment, furnaces, washers, weld machines, conveyance, fans, motors, pumps, and inspection equipment. Along with hydraulic, Pneumatic systems diagnostic and corrective preventative actions, Electrical controls, PLC (programmable logic controllers), Drives and robot diagnostic and corrective preventative actions.
- You will actively participate in lean/5S/continuous improvement activities related to the facility as needed.
- You will cross train and share knowledge with other maintenance staff members.
- You will work with Engineering on projects and provide information to engineering in the decision making process.
- You will confer with operations to observe, inspect machinery determining root causes of malfunction while performing diagnostic checks. Remove, replace, or repair worn or defective parts, align components, safely returning equipment to operational status in minimum time required.
- You will work from complex diagrams, schematics, prints, work orders, and comply with specifications as required.
- You will test-run repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- A Minimum of Five Years (5) of Maintenance Experience
- A Minimum of Two (2) Years of PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) Experience.
- Requires ability to use hand tools, strong math skills, ability to read blueprints and perform SPC (Statistical Process Control) charting.
- Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance, Mechatronics and or Industrial Controls is preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only