Paint and Pack Operator
Eaton in Greenwood, SC is currently hiring for a Paint and Pack operator – 1st shift.
The Paint and Pack Associate is responsible for working from written and verbal work instructions to properly prepare and apply paint to required part surfaces, as well as, ensuring proper packaging of the product. Ensures that production is managed in an efficient and safe manner with the highest quality standards while maintaining a clean and organized work environment. Provides assistance in other departments as needed to help the facility to achieve its business level and strategic goals, utilizing lean and continuous improvement methodologies to drive continuous improvements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will use established processes and work instructions to prepare, paint and pack products.
- You will use hand and power tools to prepare, paint and correctly pack final product per Eaton’s and the customer’s specifications for shipping.
- You will pack product in correct size shipping containers, operate required packing machines and equipment and follow established packing procedures.
- You will follow established standard work instructions to prepare, paint and pack products to ensure products meet specifications and needs of consumers.
- You will inspect products for defective parts and errors that may occur during the painting and packing process.
- You will assist with correcting quality issues problems before additional issues occur and result in faulty products.
- You will maintain daily production records to stay on track with the materials and productions processes.
- You will flex work in the department as needed.
- You will communicate effectively with team members, and area supervisor to ensure quality products and customer satisfaction as well as to achieve production standards and daily department goals.
- You will work with area supervisor, team leader, area engineer, and quality to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities in product quality and productivity by using Eaton ELSS tools and lean practices and by actively participating in departmental Home Teams and continuous improvement events.
- You will ensure that all assembly activities adhere to environmental, health/safety rules and regulations and work instructions, and monitor data recording processes to comply with tracking requirements.
- You will maintain a safe, clean working environment in compliance with all Eaton safety standards, Life Saving Rules, and daily 5S+ requirements to help build a Zero Incident Culture (i.e., proper use of protective personal equipment (PPE), machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, MSDS procedures, and OHSA regulations to reduce the risk of injuries and continuously improve safety performance).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited school
- Must live within 50 miles of Greenwood, SC, no relocation benefits provided.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Manufacturing experience in paint and packing
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No