As the electrical industry's global leader for explosion proof and hazardous environments, Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business is constantly pushing forward and looking ahead, advancing electrical and instrumentation products in new and innovative ways. Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Business manufactures over 100,000 products for NEC and IEC applications, including: conduit fittings and cable glands, industrial control and electrical apparatus, enclosures, industrial luminaires (including LED), plugs and receptacles, drilling and marine products, commercial construction and solar solutions.
- You will pan and implement actions to achieve annual On-Time-To-Customer request (OTTR) metric goals and Days-On Hand (DOH) reduction goals
- You will manage communication between planning and factory supervision to ensure proper production control and proper planning of resources.
- You will coordinate with Purchasing Manager to identify and repair supply and vendor issues before they affect production and OTTR.
- You will investigate and analyze production planning activities, capabilities and requirements necessary to support business goals, process improvements, product development and inventory management in plants where Syracuse material exists.
- You will develop methods to monitor measure and improve customer service, inventory and order backlog for all planners and production areas.
- You will design and implement training in procedures related to order planning and execution including pilot runs. These trainings are presented to business unit managers, planners and schedulers at the divisional sites.
- You will work closely with EP Materials Staff to ensure Syracuse is prepared to launch any new product or support the launch of new product at other plants.
- You will provide detailed project schedules and production dates for high visibility projects, export orders, and critical customer orders as required.
- You will supervise the maintenance of data and dates in SAP to ensure system accuracy especially pertaining to customer facing data integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution is required
- 5 years of planning experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Syracuse, NY will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain from an accredited educational institution
- SAP expertise
- APICS certification
- Prior supervisory experience
- Comprehensive understanding of MRP is required
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of MS Excel
- Demonstrated experience with automated planning systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time