Eaton in Greenwood, SC is currently hiring for a Shipping Clerk – 1st shift.
The Shipping Clerk is responsible for maintaining a continuous flow of keying and entering finished product to be shipped. Ensures that production is managed in an efficient and safe manner with the highest quality standards while maintaining a clean and organized work environment. Provides assistance in other areas or departments as needed to help the facility to achieve its business level and strategic goals. Promotes utilizing lean and continuous improvement methodologies to reduce defects and improve the efficiency of the process.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will focus on communications, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- You will coordinate material in order to meet schedule ship dates. Plan and coordinate between areas.
- You will schedule daily shipment pick-ups by phone and electronically.
- You will flex to piece parts before line is full.
- You will verify completeness of shipments and daily close out of MfgPro, UPS, and FedEx. Ensure all trucks have been closed out.
- You will ship goods from establishment, prepare records, complete bill lading, post weight, and shipment charges. Gather proof of delivery for customer inquiries and generate customer invoices and customs paperwork for international shipments.
- You will communicate effectively with team members, and area supervisor to ensure quality products and customer satisfaction as well as to achieve production standards and daily department goals.
- You will work with area supervisor, team leader, area engineer, and quality to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities in product quality and productivity by using Eaton ELSS tools and lean practices and by actively participating in departmental Home Teams and continuous improvement events.
- You will ensure that all shipping activities adhere to environmental, health/safety rules and regulations and work instructions, and monitor data recording processes to comply with tracking requirements.
- You will maintain a safe, clean working environment in compliance with all Eaton safety standards, Life Saving Rules, and daily 5S+ requirements to help build a Zero Incident Culture (i.e., proper use of protective personal equipment (PPE), machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, MSDS procedures, and OHSA regulations to reduce the risk of injuries and continuously improve safety performance).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited school
- Must live within 50 miles of Greenwood, SC, no relocation benefits provided.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Manufacturing experience in paint and packing
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No