The primary function of this role is to efficiently undertake testing and produce test reports and Type test Certificates in with the requirements of ISO17025 and IATF16949. The incumbent will support the development and maintenance of our low power test laboratory and contribute to maintaining it's accreditation.
Essential functions of the role our:
- Ensure that Eaton safety requirements are met and maintain a zero accident culture.
- Perform tests to support new product development projects, quality investigations, CE technical files and product performance.
- Contribute to maintaining ASTA Intertek ISO17025 laboratory recognition.
- Support maintenance and calibration of all laboratory equipment.
- Maintain laboratory documentation including; IEC, EN, BS, UL and CSA standards, work instructions, training matrices, sample location and test report log.
- Compile test reports suitable for communication to our customers.
- Organise and witness high power testing as required
Specialised knowledge required to be successful in this role includes:
- Two years work experience in an electrical test laboratory.
- Electrical engineering related higher education qualification.
- Understanding of IEC, EN, BS, UL and CSA standards.
- Practical workshop skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No