Global SIOP Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Product Division is currently seeking a Global SIOP Manager to join our Crouse Hinds Division. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY location.
Purpose of Role:
To co-ordinate cross functional engagement in generating a monthly business plan looking at a minimum of 18 months ahead which considers customer demand, internal & external supply chain constraints and inventory holding and is the foundation for financial planning for the business. Roll out best practices and lessons learned regarding SIOP to all Global CH sites. Support CH site SIOP Leads to ensure CH sites align to maturity levels as defined in the SIOP scorecard and assessments. Drives metrics for SIOP forecast fill and forecast accuracy. Collaborates with Sales, Materials Management and Operations on the CH goals of inventory, days on hand, excess and obsolete reduction initiatives and customer on time delivery. Develops a cognitive future Strategic and Profit Plan to support CH growth targets and to drive SIOP output as the financial forecast. Implements best in class SIOP process and leading metrics, standardized tools and collaboration across Global CH sites. Influence the site senior leadership team to fully engage in the SIOP process, drive adoption of new tools, and drive best practice within Global CH sites.
- Deploys a Best practice (Model Plant) process across Global CH sites for a 5 steps process (data gathering, demand, supply, financial reconciliation and SLT).
- Supports the facilitation of the demand planning meetings, the supply planning process, the financial reconciliation and the final SIOP plan review
- Works with and influences the regional/plant leadership team to manage & facilitate the decision to acquire internal/external capacity to balance demand & supply
- Work with Sales, PLM’s, Demand Managers and Commercial Managers in the areas of demand forecasting, capacity planning, and setting inventory levels to ensure a realistic and achievable plan
- Ensures the monthly creation of all elements of the SIOP plan: consensus demand plan, demand for new product launches, validated supply and capacity plan
- Facilitates cross functional activities to resolve demand and capacity imbalances before the operations are impacted and presents potential solutions during the SIOP meeting for approval
- Conducts and presents 'what if' scenarios to analyze the impact of taking on additional demand before customer commitments are made
- Creates a stronger focus on Sales, Inventory and Operational Planning (SIOP) with emphasis on long-term demand planning within customer services. Support implementation of the front-end SIOP processes, and adoption of new tools, at all Global CH sites
- Ensure daily reporting and monitoring to plan of key metrics: Customer OTTR / Sales / Inventory
- Ensures that the SIOP process is aligned with existing processes and complements the BSC review process
- Align the annual profit planning forecast process with an 18 month rolling SIOP plan
- Support the implementation and deployment of IT solutions to enhance the SIOP process efficiency
- Ensure that the SIOP plan is converted into sales volumes and drives the financial forecast and that the SIOP plan is loaded timely into all site ERP systems to drive the MPS
- Support the deployment of standard material planning & replenishment processes across the plant & supply chain to enable improved input to the SIOP process
- Deploy Demand Forecasting process across business to use as an input to the SIOP process
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- 3 years experience in demand planning, forecasting and/or SIOP management functions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY (50 miles) will be considered for this position
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- CPIM Certified
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong knowledge of demand planning process
- Experience using ERP statistical software packages
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Excellent communication and Team Building skills
- Detail oriented
- Extreme accuracy
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
- Experience with ERP functionality
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
- Ability to lead cross-functionally.
- Collaborative skills
- Experience in managing end of life cycle and absolute inventory.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time