Team Lead - Mechanical Assembly
Eaton’s Electrical System and Services Group is seeking a full time Team Lead – Mechanical Assembly to join our team. This position will be working at the Edmonton facility on day shift.
Under the general direction of the Production Manager, the Mechanical Team Lead is responsible for all mechanical assembly work at the Edmonton Power Center. The Mechanical Assembly Team Lead provides guidance to the mechanical team ensuring continuity of assembly from start to finish as well as meeting the expectation of Eaton’s areas of manufacturing focus: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity and Continuous Improvement.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will conduct daily Tier 1 meetings with team to support production and EPC High 5+ goals.
- You will schedule and assign assembly tasks on visual control board and update regularly to monitor progress and provide support as needed.
- You will monitor assembly progress to resolve issues and drive continuous improvement.
- You will ensure compliance to all production related processes, including but not limited to yellow-tag, in process checklist, action list.
- You will review time sheets daily for accuracy, completeness and approve.
- You will conduct a 3 month resource forecast and planning to ensure jobs completed on time as scheduled.
- You will provide training for new employees. Cross-train assemblers and develop expertise within groups.
- You will monitor and maintain Eaton’s High 5+ areas of focus: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity and Continuous Improvement Framework.
- You will monitor employee attendance and schedule vacation ensuring operational needs are met.
- You will Monitor performance and goal achievement and provide regular feedback and coaching.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Minimum of a 2 year diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years leading people in an electrical manufacturing and assembly environment.
- Attainment of/or working towards Professional Eng., CET (Certificated Electrical Technologist).
- In depth knowledge of power tools, bus bar fabrication and sheet-metal assembly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, and listening skills.
- Demonstrates continuous learning through cross-training, learning new skills, and refreshing prior skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize in a fast changing environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No