Eaton’s North American Truck Division within the Vehicle Group is seeking an Accounting Analyst. The Accounting Analyst will be based at our South Bend, Indiana facility.
Accounting Analyst is responsible for
providing financial examination and support to plant management while ensuring
the integrity of financial reporting within the guidelines of GAAP, Sarbanes
Oxley, Eaton Financial Policies/Procedures and applicable tax codes. Review of plant costing and accounting
activities, providing recommendations and performing actions to ensure
efficiency in both the manufacturing and the administration areas. Assist in all monthly and yearly month-end closings,
budgeting/forecasting, and profit plan activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will maintain and control manufacturing system setup for transaction defaults and inventory accuracy as well as coordinate and reconcile annual physical and fixed asset inventory.
- You will assists in the preparation, forecasting, and examination of manufacturing expense budgets for production and indirect Departments
- You will monitor, maintain, and report all plant cost out project results
- You will support profit plan and monthly forecast preparation
- You will complete month-end journal entries, variance analysis, and general ledger account reconciliations
- You will partner with key internal customers to ensure consistent, accurate, and meaningful reporting review as well as providing support and recommendations to Plant Controller, Accounts Payable, Payroll and any other areas of the accounting function.
will prepare special projects and operational reports for presentation to plant
and/or division management as well as work to design, develop, and execute
improved financial processes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 2 years Accounting or Finance experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the South Bend, IN facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- 3 years of experience in accounting or finance
- 2 years cost accounting experience in the manufacturing industry
- SOX/US GAAP knowledge
- FASB Experience
- ERP System experience
- In-depth knowledge of financial analysis, ledger accounting, standard costs, and business management processes
- Sound knowledge of related accounting system technologies, such as Oracle GL, Oracle Mfg, Capital Projects, Fixed Asses, Khalix-Encore and Khalix-DFT
- Must be proficient with Excel tools and PC software packages needed to review and report data
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time