Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team. This position will be based out of our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
This position develops, implements and administers human resource policies, strategies and services that advance organizational objectives and support a culture of positive employee relations within Hydraulics-Americas operations. It serves as the HR business partner for Hydraulics-Americas operations functional teams such as materials management and operational excellence.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will facilitate the design and implementation of impactful change initiatives that ensure the best possible solution for all major constituents, including employees, customers, shareholders, etc.
- You will enhance organization capability by supporting operations functions to attract, retain and develop talent.
- You will drive the Eaton Business System philosophy to ensure standard, high quality processes while supporting a culture of Continuous Improvement.
- You will provide clear guidance to management regarding policies, practices, laws and regulations to ensure all human resource policies and programs are in compliance with local and governmental regulatory requirements and support the achievement of both short/long-term business objectives.
- You will develop and deploy effective training process to meet current and future organizational needs.
- You will counsel and influence key stake holders to build a high-performance winning culture and an inclusive environment.
- You will utilize available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote Eaton leadership behaviors and results.
- You will lead organizational capability reviews to assess pipeline strength, define skill gaps and identify and implement necessary developmental actions.
- You will motivate and coach employees and managers to maintain high levels of engagement, manager effectiveness, productivity, and quality.
- You will review key HR metrics, analyzes root causes and trends and recommends appropriate actions to meet goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of progressive HR experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of governmental regulations and laws that impact the employment relationship
- Accountable and action-oriented; ability to drive change and business results
- Ability to influence and partner with stakeholders independently
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with all organizational levels
- Strong facilitation/coaching skills
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- HR Certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time