Lead - Strategic Sourcing
- Develop, implement, and maintain commodity.
- Assists in keeping New Product Introduction and localization projects within timeline and budget.
- Accountable for localization of components to reduce productivity cost.
- Evaluates market conditions in order to maintain inventory levels and control costs (PPV).
- Develop a comprehensive commodity strategy and supply base that ensure a competitive environment for both high
- mix low volume production and prototype supply.
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect
- continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Participate in establishing short-term and long range planning and budget development of the company to support
- strategic business goals.
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement
- Lead department to develop forecasts for future demand and place orders in a timely fashion based upon vendor
- Provide insight to Eaton’s leadership team through Spend Analytics.
- Evaluates and recommends vendors.
- Manages ongoing relationships with suppliers.
- Assess and approve supplier for strategic spend.
- Design system to maximize commodity buying efficiency and minimize supply chain risks.
- Draft proposals to manage contracts and negotiations.
- Preserve and promote Eaton’s standards by building a strong and self-sufficient commodity supply base.
- Collaborate with Quality team and suppliers on improving quality of components across commodities.
- Working experience of 10 to 12 years
APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) is preferred
- Preference to plastic part/Electronic component sourcing experience
- Strong knowledge on SCOR model
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD EMEAI
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time