Manufacturing Quality Engineer - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a 2nd Shift Manufacturing Quality Engineer in the Jackson, MI location.
Functionally responsible for designing, developing, coordinating and deploying work instructions/procedures and associated process controls for the assigned HPWT. Develops process improvements and cost control programs in their HPWT. Reviews customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements. Provides technical support to operations, customers, and suppliers. Leads formal problem solving for internal and external customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will complete Quality Engineering assignments with minimal supervision.
- You will lead and/or provide technical advice and counsel to HPWT assigned to continuous improvement and problem solving.
- You will develop pFMEAs and Control Plans per AIAG standard.
- You will assure that product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements.
- You will lead corrective action process using 8D, 5 Why, A3, and lean tools.
- You will act as an organizational contact for customer concerns and ensure appropriate corrective actions are deployed.
- You will formulate and implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards. Ensure these documents align with the recognized Aerospace Quality System Standard as well as Eaton Objectives, Policies and Procedures.
- You will perform MSA and process capability studies for key and significant characteristics.
- You will communicate quality issues to front line leaders and factory personnel and lead root cause and permanent corrective action documentation.
- You will direct the disposition and analysis of returned material and internal non-conforming product. Insure that actions around top pareto items are identified and completed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution.
- 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Ability to read and understand Blue Prints, Specifications, and Requirements
- Experience in performing Quality Audits
- Useable skills with MS Office software
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt Certification
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Quality System Knowledge (e.g. AS9100, ISO 9001, TS16949)
- Position requires interaction with customers, customer representatives, auditors, regulatory agencies and all internal departments/functions/levels.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time