Field Application Engineer - Medium Voltage Control Assemblies
Eaton’s Power Distribution & Control Assemblies Division is currently seeking a MVCA Field Application Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
The MVCA Field Application Engineer is responsible for providing an extensive and broad range of seasoned professional engineering services to support and lead on a project basis the product development, marketing and sales functions of the company. This may include design of complex circuits to meet application requirements; creating complex engineering documentation for drafting, procurement, and manufacturing, and providing coordination and lead technical guidance to division sales engineers and production personnel as appropriate and provide negotiation and application support for field sales in more complex product areas. In this role, you will be the lead field facing technical support for the MVCA Product Line, providing support on Medium Voltage Control (Ampgard) and Medium Voltage Drive (SC9000) products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support new product development processes with the internal suppliers, customers, plant processes, and suppliers and provides complex engineering functions to support the marketing and sales efforts of the company; provides a broad range of applications engineering assistance to define company solutions to more complex customer problems.
- You will provide product engineering with expertise to implement improvements in internal systems, training, and applications; maintains current knowledge and understanding of product engineering technologies, competitor capabilities and practices, market conditions, and market channels.
- You will support field sales activities through the development of technical information relating to technical or information tools to enhance sales performance and regional customer visits and sales calls; visits with and serves as a primary contact for customers to explain technical aspects of product line applications and interpret customer product specifications and drawing requirements.
- You will provide an extensive range of engineering input to other departments of the company; provide lead instruction and guidance to division and field sales personnel in areas of product applications and features, engineering methods, and other technical topic areas. And, represents product line on the PDCA Applications Council, maintains positions as an active member of IEEE and routinely participates/presents at technical conferences on behalf of Eaton Corporation.
- You will attend project kick-off, on-board drawing review, or witness testing as product expert based on needs of the project. Helps drive projects from a technical position that will result in a more favorable reward / risk outcome for the MCC Product Line. Participates in project coordination calls with project management as required, especially for IPA, large/complex orders and strategic accounts.
- You will plan and lead project review/drawing approval meetings; perform other related activities and special projects as assigned. Provides Application Technical Training of Product Line personnel or NAS/Project Management as identified.
- You will develop and maintain technical information located in Consulting Application Guide for MVCA Product Line. Other technical writing responsibilities will include Tech Data brochures, Instruction Bulletins, standardized testing (FAT) documentation and industry white papers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in Motor Control and/or Power Systems Electrical Distribution
- Must be eligible to work in U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering with specialization in power electronics
- Minimum 7 years of engineering experience in medium voltage control applications, including medium voltage variable frequency drives
- Professional Registration
- Experience working in oil and gas, mining, or water/waste water
- Extensive knowledge of NEMA/ANSI standards, commercial transactions, and selling/pricing policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and company personnel at all management, professional, and technical levels.
- Possess a broad knowledge of principles and practices within a field of specialization (electrical engineering) and an understanding of business strategies, culture and work to achieve results.
- Be able to develop conclusions from analyses and apply results to the organization's business operations. Decisions are typically based on extensive acumen and seasoning and results achieved enhance the intellectual capital of the organization and affects its overall capability.
- Work with a greater degree of independence, conferring with manager on the more complex or unusual assignments.
- Must be able to travel as necessary to effectively interface with customers and other required contacts, to work at various outside/inside site locations, and to manage or participate in company related projects, activities, or other job related assignments.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time