District Project Manager - North Central
- You will manage the assigned project orders to create value and improve the financial position for Eaton and our customers
- You will organize and lead Order Transition Meetings with Field Sales, Project Coordinators and Manufacturing facilities for all assigned projects.
- You will apply Project management methodologies and strategies to support both the financial aspects and timeline of assigned project orders.
- You will review project specifications, contracts and order specifics prior to order entry insuring technical accuracy
- You will manage technical changes to the bill of material
- You will coordinate and interpret of plant drawings
- You will leverage centralized resources for the creation of documentation packages and perform reviews of these packages as appropriate
- You will provide technical support and follow through on warranty issues
- You will represent sales at customer witness tests, inspections, and on-board approval meetings/visits
- You will ensure that accurate information flows to and from the customer in a proactive way.
- You will review quote, plans, specs, any and all project documentation PRIOR to order entry.
- You will capture and document discrepancies/issues.
- You will meet with SE to analyze/discuss project, including establishing fiscal base line, PRIOR to order entry
- You will establish communication protocol with customer.
- You will conduct kick off meeting with customer (as necessary).
- You will establish central repository file for each project on shared drive.
- You will work with Eatoncare/plants for CA’s/submittals.
- You will review submittal review comments and implement changes as necessary after consulting with the SE
- You will work with SE on scope changes (pricing, spec discrepancies) not associated with submittal review.
- You will capture any and all (positive and negative) change notices and associated fiscal impacts.
- You will request OSR from Eatoncare Project Coordinator and pass data on to the customer.
- You will use OSR to track estimated ship date and communicate changes to the customer in a timely manner.
- You will work with EESS on any PSE and/or EESS services related items (i.e. studies, start up, etc.)
- You will resolve any issues with plants/customer pertaining to changes, scheduling, delivery, etc.
- You will close out project fiscally and from a document perspective.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ of electrical industry experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Electrical Engineering
Strong application of Power Engineered products
3+ years of Project Management experiencePosition Criteria:
- Ability to present information to others in a persuasive way, professionally and diplomatically assert the leadership role that the title project manager conveys.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of an assignment and customer satisfaction
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and strategies to reduce potential project risk throughout the duration of the project lifecycle
- Capable of planning and executing presentations on specific products and services to internal and external customers in order to gain recognition and customer acceptance
- Knowledge of major competitors in the market and their alignment with distributors and major customers
- Knowledge on plant front-end scheduling, engineering, and manufacturing process and equipment cycle times
- Poses advanced computer skills in Advanced word processing, Spreadsheet, Vista, and Bidmanager
- Consistent demonstration of planning, leading, and communication results from executive changes
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior proactive project order management and customer service
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time