Senior Assembly Technician
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Senior Assembly Technician for the Greenwood, SC facility.
The Senior Assembly Technician is responsible for the safe assembly of the complete scope of products, providing technical assistance for Engineering and Manufacturing in the areas of assembly, new product design, customer problem resolution, maintenance, repair, training and modification, ensuring customer specifications are met, and assisting with all assigned projects. The desired candidate must be safety conscious, quality driven, self-motivated, detail oriented and very mechanically inclined. Strong written and verbal communications skills are preferred.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Recommend changes pertaining to dimensions, fits, tolerances, finishes, configuration, material and processes of parts and assemblies to enhance the manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and improve the reliability and quality of the product.
- Develop an awareness of all safety process’ and procedures and perform all operations with the highest safety standards.
- Work from written/verbal information and drawings to assemble detail parts, sub-assemblies, and complete assemblies.
- Ensure compliance to all related procedures and standards.
- Maintain tools, equipment, and facilities as directed by management.
- List and report materials and products that fall outside of quality and performance standards to Production manager and/or Quality engineer.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area utilizing 5S+ principles.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered; candidates must reside within 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit provided
- Associates degree
- Medium Voltage and/or Low Voltage breaker assembly knowledge
- Experience with and knowledge of part and assembly drawings
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No