Project Support Sales Engineer
- You will review plans, specifications, comments, clarifications and purchase order to help with clean order entry
- You will host order transition meeting with identified internal resources, as well as, kick-off meetings with distributors and customers
- You will compare plans and specifications with quoted bid manager bill of material
- You will manage project documentation needs and releases
- You will compare construction drawings to marked up approval drawings in effort to identify any discrepancies prior to shipment
- You will manage customer relationship throughout assigned projects, including but not limited to “as-built” drawings and test reports, warranty issues, factory test and customer meetings
- You will conduct final closeout of projects with Sales
You will identify key customers for assigned target market.
- You will develop sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales objectives in assigned markets or accounts as well as grow market share.
- You will conduct channel and end customer training
- You will utilize customer feedback, drawings and specifications to develop unique sales proposals and solutions including Eaton’s full product portfolio
Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
Electrical product knowledge
Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
Project Management skills.
Possess commercial skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close-out projects.
Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
Solid presentation, training and communications skills
Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum one (1) year of electrical industry experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted drivers license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Sales training and/or Electrical Industry certifications
- Electrical Contracting experience
- 2+ years of project management experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time