Senior Analyst – OTC
Process Centric – Thorough and in-depth understanding of the entire Order to Cash life cycle which includes Master record maintenance, Credit Control, Indirect Tax (VAT) on Invoicing, Cash on Account resolution, interface management from inbound applications/banks, reconciliation, reporting etc. Key focus will be to ensure effective management of the various stages of the OTC activities that drive accurate and timely accounting. Responsibilities include effective gatekeeping for Customer Master Maintenance, Indirect Tax (VAT), Claims resolution and analysis, Accounting and reconciliation including Withholding tax (if applicable), cash management for timely payments including forecasting, interface management and resolution from inbound applications/banks, reconciliations (Customer, etc.), proposal for write offs (if any), reserve recommendation, reporting – DSO, AR to name a few. Demonstrate high level of efficiency, learning agility and ensure a high level of accuracy. Provide business partnership to all areas of plant with regard to functional expertise and cross-functional support, providing guidance and education as needed to plant personnel to achieve financial objectives.
Control & Compliance - Promote and maintain an effective Internal Control environment that supports compliance with both US GAAP and all local & statutory requirements in all countries where the GFSS, Pune provides transactional services. This includes compliance with all of the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and controls as defined by the Internal Control Program Office.
Process Standardization: Ensure alignment to globally defined SSC processes including the periodic review of existing controls and governance of the standard processes.
Collaboration - Collaborates with the stakeholders to support overall goals and objectives. Work closely with the Team Leader - Accounting in achieving the required goals and timelines. Ability to cut across functions and drive cross functional initiatives which contribute to ultimate Eaton Goals
Continuous Improvement- Drive a lean culture through the use of EBS Lean tools – Six Sigma, BPIs etc. and also, through the use of technology like Robotics Process Automation (RPA). Quality culture: Drive and leverage various systems and tools to automate processes and drive process improvements. Must use quality tools like BPI, EBE, etc.
Collaborate with peers in GFSS to ensure engagement, participation, and contribution to broader goals, policies, and initiatives
· Accounting Degree (CA), MBA-Finance or B.com. (Accounting) with required experience
· Must have an end-to-end process knowledge for Order to Cash process and working understanding of RTR functions – ability to read and interpret financial statements
· Hands on experience of SAP ERP
· 6-8 years of relevant experience
· Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX
· Knowledge of direct and indirect tax
· Excellent analytical, written and oral English communication skills
· Ability to work collaboratively across boundaries/business lines.
· Excellent MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), Excel Macro
· Shift working 14.30 to 23.30 however needs to stretch beyond the shift and be flexible based on the requirements
· Dealing with ambiguity with regard to changes in regulations/external requirements
· Systematic process orientation, strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Commitment to compliance
· Be a self-starter & be able to operate without close supervision
· Drive, enthusiasm, openness, honesty
· Influencing skills with relationship building with the customers and stakeholders
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time