Embedded Software Engineering Specialist
- You will participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle (Requirements, Design, Coding, Testing, and Release) following a structured engineering process to ensure quality and reliability.
- You will manage technical aspects of software features through the entire software life cycle
- You will guide the feature portion of the project development plan : estimate work load, establish and maintain project schedules and monitor progress through the project execution phases
- You will search for new ideas and concepts which will improve the product design and embedded software development processes
- You will collaborate with cross functional teams, such as System, Hardware and Lead Software engineers to create product specifications.
- You will design and develop embedded software for RF network communication and applications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in embedded software development using C and C++
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Rockville, MD site will be considered
- Minimum 7 year of experience in embedded software development using C or C++
- Experience with performing Technical Leadership of features through entire life cycle
- Experience with designing and developing software for communication protocols
- Experience of various RTOS and low-power management considerations.
- Experience with low level interfaces to hardware: DMA, SPI, I2C, UARTs and serial flash device.
- Experience with ARM-based microcontrollers.
- Knowledge and experience working with Linux and associated package tools such as Perl/Shell scripts.
- Knowledge and experience with GNU Tool Chain, and/or IAR Embedded Workbench.
- Knowledge of basic concepts of RF and wireless communications.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience with test equipment, i.e. oscilloscope, logic analyzers.
- Provide excellent written and oral communication with emphasis on listening to others needs
- Proven ability to work in fast paced environment while managing competing tasks and demands
- Committed to providing high level of customer service
- Experience working in the electric utility market and/or power system knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- In-depth knowledge of current wireless technology concepts and their applications (including WiFi, Zigbee, BLE, VLC and others); antenna design, operation and propagation theory; and appropriate IEEE standards and protocols.
- Knowledge of FCC, UL, ANSI and other related wireless certification and standards is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time