Manufacturing Engineering Technician - 1st Shift
- You will integrate Lean Continuous Flow concepts to develop assembly lines for various products that will reduce the cycle time, improve the efficiency, and simplify the work content of the assembly process.
- You will participate in and lead rapid improvement events comprised of multi-functional team members.
- You will perform the necessary audits of the plants’ operations to evaluate opportunities for implementation of various ELS improvement initiatives.
- You will continuously enhance personal skills and knowledge of the subject matters pertaining to the operations initiatives, through networking, education, and training.
- You will drive continuous improvement culture through project support and implementation with the operations team.
- You will utilize Eaton Lean and quality tools to drive cost reduction and support the startup and launch of capital projects.
- You will participate in Tier Meetings and GEMBA walks to identify improvement opportunities and work with operations and management to ensure successful completion of projects.
- You will provide Eaton Lean System support across the Plant.
- You will effectively interact in a matrix environment that includes teams made up of people from Operations, IT, OPEX, Engineering, Marketing, IT, and Supply Chain.
- You will perform analysis and reviews to support the Eaton Lean Tools. Analysis may include observation studies, times studies, capability studies, set up reduction studies, waste walks, and 5S Site Audit.
- You will support Manufacturing Engineering Processes via the Engineering Change Request Processes, Product Development Process, and Inventory Management Processes. Support may include determining action to take, writing the request for change, verifying the change, and training employees on the change.
- You will provide action to implement improvements. Actions may include building racks, relocating parts, sorting, straightening, and shining.
- You will support Manufacturing Engineer in standard work development and process check implementation.
- You will issue purchase orders for required equipment and supplies for production and projects.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 Miles of Arden, NC will be considered for this position.
- Associates Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- At least a year of manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of engineering problem solving and quality techniques.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No