You will detect and isolate performance discrepancies at each phase of assembly.
You will assist Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Engineering on implementing assembly and test procedures.
You will troubleshoot hardware without written instructions. Use documents to evaluate components of an assembly.
You will troubleshoot test problems including component and equipment. May be required to troubleshoot down to component level circuit boards. May be required to repair and replace circuit boards to service.
You will train technicians on test procedures. Train assemblers in troubleshooting procedures. Will train others in problem solving techniques as needed.
You may act as department representative in Customer audits/visits.
You will lead team meetings in process improvements.
No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Grand Rapids MI to be considered.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Minimum 6 years’ experience of assembly and testing
A&P mechanic certification or Associates Degree in Technical field required from an accredited institution
Repairman certification issued by FAA
Experience with repair/training from major airlines
8+ years of experience of assembly and testing with electromechanical actuators
- Ability to read assembly and dimensional blueprints, wiring diagram, and electrical schematics.
- Required computer skills for processing and analysis of data.
- Strong working knowledge of shop test equipment and test procedures. Must be capable of maintenance, calibration and operation of laboratory test equipment.
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation regulations. (If assigned to Repair Station).
- Working knowledge of electrical test equipment.
- In depth product knowledge through testing and evaluation of units to identify failures.
- Ability to lead team meetings in process improvements.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No