LabVIEW Engineer - Test Lab
Eaton India Innovation Centre: Most recently, we have established the Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) in Pune, which is an integral part of Eaton’s global engineering and technology footprint. Eaton’s multi-disciplinary engineering talent with experience in cutting-edge technologies and varied domains deliver innovative solutions that accelerate our organic growth through technological innovations. Through proven technical excellence, EIIC continues to augment Eaton’s leadership in improving existing products and services and developing new offerings. EIIC operates through its two state-of-the-art campuses located at Kharadi and Magarpatta City in Pune. EIIC is focused on augmenting Eaton’s vision of “improving the quality of life and environment through the use of power management technologies and services”.
EIIC is establishing state of the art integrated Test Lab at Magarpatta Campus to effectively leverage virtual and physical prototyping & testing capabilities while driving organic growth. Phase I of integrated Test lab is already operational and this position & phase II is expected to be operational in 2018.
Requirement of this position is to perform Test Bench Software Development and provide instrumentation assistance to engineering personnel for system testing. The position requires to :
a) Perform Test Bench Application development using National Instruments LabVIEW Programming Language
b) Create and understand Electrical Schematics for Test Bench Controls and Instrumentation
c) Understand National Instruments Data Acquisition Hardware for High Speed Data Logging
d) Working Knowledge of National Instruments CompactRIO, PXI, CompactDAQ
e) Create and understand PLC programming using CODESYS, should be able to write ST (structured text) or LD (ladder diagram) or FBD (function block diagram) or SFC (sequential function chart)
f) Understand and implement Safety Integrity Level for Safe Test Bench
g) Understand and have programming knowledge of Servo Drives, VFD
h) Understand and have programming knowledge of Industrial Communication protocol using LabVIEW e.g. Modbus over TCP/IP, EtherCAT, CAN and more
i) Perform Debugging of Instrumentation setups
j) Knowledge of programming for Hydraulic Test Stands will be an added advantage
k) Standardization of test procedures using software’s in test lab and adhere to ISO standards
l) Knowledge of DFSS will be an added advantage
m) Good skills of documentation for Test Stands Code and debugging procedure
n) Provide innovative Testing solution by understanding testing requirements and provide guidance to test Team
1. Software programming in LabVIEW (Real-Time and FPGA) (National Instruments)
2. Data Analytics using DIAdem software (Script to analyze, and report on measurement data)
3. PLC Programming in CODESYS
4. Develop LabVIEW Systems Architecture hardware & software
5. Measurement Instrumentation selection trade-off, system integration and implementation
6. Software processes for Test Requirements, Specifications, Reviews and Delivery
7. Confident, self-motivated, responsible, flexible, good attention to detail, good communication skills across all levels of personnel.
8. Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs, lab also work with peer engineer to improve develop any new methods solving the issues
· Graduate in Electronics or Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering with 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience
· Good working knowledge of National Instruments Software and Hardware
· Experience in writing and debugging LabVIEW Real Time and FPGA code
· Safety & Quality Management Practices
· Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
Clear understanding about Sensors, Electronic components of DAQ & Control software i.e. LabVIEW etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time