Tax Systems Manager
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Tax Manager – Tax Systems, you will be responsible for global tax systems and technology to support worldwide compliance for all tax regulations. The data required to comply with global tax law is derived from various ERP and general ledger systems throughout the company. The Manager-Tax Systems will be responsible for the efficient transformation of data from these systems into the tax compliance systems currently used by the Tax Group.
The Manager – Tax Systems will also assist in the management and implementation of the Tax Technology multi-year roadmap. Many of the tax compliance systems are vendor systems (Thomson Reuters, Vertex) but there are also in-house calculations that rely heavily on data extracts. Taxing agencies have been increasing their focus on data extraction and therefore primary responsibilities of the role will be to ensure that Eaton complies with the law while minimizing tax costs and to identify opportunities to minimize tax or improve existing processes. The Manager-Tax Systems will represent the Tax department on IT finance projects with tax implications and assist the Sr. Manager-Tax Systems with the global tax technology roadmap.
Your key deliverables :
· Acts as key liaison between Tax Department and IT Project and ERP Teams.
· Responsible for leading and managing the End-To End VAT/GST Reporting System program within Eaton (aka Program TAXi).
· Responsible for leading and managing the electronic tax reporting compliance program within Eaton (aka SAFT and Mexico E-File).
· Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Indirect Tax (VAT/GST) with SAP, Oracle and the like and tax engines including representation on all software localization matters.
· Assembles and facilitates tax member meetings to insure tax objectives are being met during IT system discussions.
· Evaluates current tax systems and offers suggestions for improved functionality and reporting with VAT focus.
· Benchmarks competing tax systems to verify their effectiveness against current Eaton tax systems.
· Represents the tax department from an IT perspective in key operational planning initiatives.
· Manages outside vendors/consultants and budgets related project work.
· Identifies opportunities for tax planning and process improvement initiatives.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution
· 8-10 years VAT experience gained in a professional firm, multi-national company or Tax Authority
· CPA or comparable qualification is preferred
· Knowledge and experience with implementation of Tax Technology solutions
· Experience with SAP/Oracle and the like ERP systems and implementations* Strong analytical abilities
· Prepared to travel 60%
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Contract in fast growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time