CNC Machinist-2nd shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a CNC Machinist-2nd shift to join our team. This position is based at our North Charleston, SC facility
The CNC Machinist will run CNC machines and inspect parts to ensure quality production parts within set standards. Ensure quality compliance of all parts following customer specifications and internal drawings and procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will properly start or restart equipment after power is interrupted or as a new start up. Re-zero all axes and begin machining process at proper point in program.
- You will identify non conformances utilizing trace, CMM and various inspection methods
- You will read and interpret complex engineering drawings, blueprints, customer specification and internal drawings and procedures
- You will bring machine tool back to desired location and resume cycle if cycle has been interrupted.
- You will understand status lights, door interlocks, interlock released light and button. On/off buttons, and panel lock key.
- You will understand multi-screen functions, alpha and numeric keypads and machine controls (i.e. alter, insert, delete, input, up, down, lft ,rght, pos, prog, system, message, settings, network, etc.)
- You will operate and Understand function of mode switch and function keys (i.e. mem, mid, tape, edit, handle, job, rapid, zero return, SBK. OSP. BDT. PSM. PST. DRN).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution required.
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or comparable education
- 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment operating a CNC machine or comparable education
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area will be considered for this position.
- 2 or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment operating a CNC machine
- Experience using lean or lean tools
- Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No