Lead Sales Engineer
Eaton Electrical North American Sales (NAS) organization has an opening for a Lead Industrial Sales Engineer for power distribution products and services to be based out of the Houston, TX or Beaumont office.
The primary functions include: understanding Eaton’s support structure available to sales, including EatonCare; understanding Eaton proprietary systems and software including Bidmanager and VISTA; applying technical knowledge for all products that are involved with the sales assignment; comprehension of project specifications and drawings; ability to gain confidence of customers and become a trusted source of information about Eaton offerings.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements
- You will quote projects and negotiate correct required pricing
- You will prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness
- You will build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects
- You will work with factories to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues
- You will canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements
- You will assist team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions
- You will obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum five (5) years of electrical industry sales experience and/or 7 years of electrical industry experience
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
• This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Honolulu, HI to be considered for this opportunity.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Position Success Criteria:
• Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
• Electrical product knowledge
• Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
• Skilled in time management
• Possess negotiating skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close orders
• Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
• Robust presentation, training and communications skills
• Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
• Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
• Experience working with Bidmanager and Vista
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time