Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Materials Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, NE location.
The Materials Manager is responsible for leading the Materials function for the plant while implementing the Eaton Vehicle Group Strategy. This includes site responsibilities for all of the materials management processes; SIOP (Sales Inventory Operations Planning) across all channels including supply planning and collaboration, production control, inventory management, shop floor processes from receiving to shipping and leading indirect material procurement. This position will also be responsible to actively participate in the Regional Materials Council to align on deployment strategies and best practice sharing. Have fun and personal development, while providing leadership in executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with materials expectations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
· As a member of the plants leadership team, this highly motivated individual, works with the entire team to lead the development and implementation of the sites materials management strategy.
· Lead the site’s deployment of the IMPACT Materials Strategy by supporting OpA, MMAs and Council meetings to deploy the standard policies, processes and tools identified for the location.
· Manage the plant’s SIOP process by ensuring cross-functional participation with the regional team in accordance with the SIOP policy. This includes master scheduling, execution to optimal inventory levels and supporting staffing levels to achieve customer satisfaction levels.
· Manages all aspects of materials planning activities by utilizing standard replenishment tools and maintains customer satisfaction levels.
· Provides leadership for the Inventory Management Process by effectively leading the site’s optimal inventory levels via an inventory playbook, Excess and Obsolete inventories and MRB levels which support’s the work capital metrics.
· Maintains accurate records of all inventory date and materials transactions. Provide governance and leadership for the site cycle count process. Develops action plans based on root cause analysis. Leads annual physical inventory process.
· Leads all aspects of the ERP system and ensure controls are in place to establish the correct BOM structure, material routings, transaction accuracy, inventory integrity to allow for accurate aggregations of supply and demand. Responsible for overall data integrity of the ERP system in support of maintain strong ERP Health performance.
· Have fun, while learning, educating and deploying the tools
· Establishes and maintains operational areas of receiving, material handling, warehouse, shipping by insuring efficiency, quality of work, process adherence and in a safe manor.
· Leads the Logistics activities for the plant including inbound and outbound, cost out objectives and trade compliance. This is accomplished by maintaining approved carrier compliance, defining standard routings and schedules while maintaining customer shipping requirements.
· Supports cost savings and control by minimizing impact of CONC, reduce materials disruptions to production, improving MRO spend and effective maintains budget for the department.
· Provides support for EHS procedures and training to drive a zero incident culture across the plant.
· Initiate, support and lead continuous improvement activities within the department.
· Schedule, lead and communicate departmental priorities with the team and coordinate activities with other functions within the plant.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Engineering
- 3-5 years of Materials & Operations Management experience in a high volume business
- 3 years minimum of ERP knowledge preferably Oracle
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to motivate team members to drive for results
- Experience in supporting cross-functional SIOP and Inventory management processes
- Technical knowledge of forecasting techniques, bill of material structuring and scheduling execution
- In-depth knowledge of plant manufacturing processes and value streams from raw materials to finished product
- APICS CPIM Certification is desirable
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time