Lead Accounting Analyst
- You will identify and resolve financial accounting issues. This includes the ability to assess when an issue should be raised to the Controller. In addition, a continuous focus on process improvement is expected.
- You will help to ensure the accurate and timely consolidation and reporting of financial results and position each month end.
- You will prepare, review and analyze financial forecasts and operating budgets.
- You will monitor fixed asset accounting and Capital Expenditure process. Present real-time analysis and summaries directly to Senior Management within ALP.
- You will manage Product Costing for new and legacy products. Ensure accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of process.
- You will implement and monitor controls, process improvement, and procedure development and enforcement on an ongoing basis, in conjunction with the Controller.
- You will prepare Monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliation to be reviewed by BU Controller
- You will monitor and work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve AR and AP credit issues impacting operations
- You will prepare assigned monthly journal entries, and special entries as required by the BU Controller.
- You will prepare and Publish Daily, weekly and monthly financial reporting for internal and divisional requirements on time and accurately.
- You will recommend and implement enhanced methodologies and procedures to improve financial reporting and management processes
- You will complete ad hoc accounting assignments as requested, often complex and confidential in nature.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum of 5 years of financial analysis or accounting experience
Must be able to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and understanding of international business
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Ability to lead people within the group and across multiple functions
Ability to communicate and present to senior level and executive management
Ability to identify and implement standard work procedures and best practices
Strong understanding of financial statements and application of accounting principles
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics
MBA from an accredited institution
Financial analysis experience in a manufacturing environment
Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM)
Experience at a manufacturing plant with cost accounting experience
Experience within a multi-national organization
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time