Team Lead - Assembly 1st Shift
You will be monitoring production boards/sheets hourly for variances to goal
You will correct any cause for variances to goal or escalating to supervisor
You will scrap or suspect materials, Equipment failure or downtime, Training or employee issues
You will ensure startups, shutdowns and changeovers are well planned and efficient
You will ensure that production cells have adequate labor to ensure that the schedule can be attained
You will ensure that rotation schedules are followed consistently
You will assist employees with general issues, such as BOM clarification, drawing interpretations, etc.
You will ensure that all operators are trained and qualified to perform their duties
You will ensure that plant policies and procedures are adhered to
You will have good housekeeping practices are in place and followed routinely
You will participate in and support continuous improvement efforts
You will exhibit exemplary leadership skills
You will be measured by daily schedule attainment percentages
You will be measured by positive feedback by team members
- Completed associates degree from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation is provided for this opening, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Roanoke, VA facility will be considered.
- A year of previous leadership experience
- Associate's Degree in Business or Engineering field from an accredited institution
- Previous SAP experience in inventory or production.
Previous leadership experience and proven ability to lead by example
- Ability to think analytically
- Strong communication skills, orally and written
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and other tools
- Must have the desire and ability to work in a participative style in order to meet goals and objectives.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No