- You will be responsible for moderately complex engineering projects. Works independently or with cross-functional disciplines on key tasks associated with a project. Interfaces with customers with some oversight.
- You will lead completion of ACES deliverables at the "Minor" risk classification. Applying established engineering processes to complete project requirements, and participates in process improvement efforts.
- You will present technical information/project status to Sr. Eng. Manager.
- You will complete Material Review Board (MRB) sign-offs.
- You will collaborate with analyst and challenges approach and results. Understands various boundary conditions and can handle analysis-led design changes (stress, thermal, fluid flow) using the analysis results.
- You will apply advanced tools in problem solving and project management to solve technical issues.
- You will understand system level and sub-system/ component level requirements flow down.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in operations, engineering, or testing
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Rumford, RI facility will be considered.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Aerospace design experience (Aircraft Engine mechanical systems design experience preferred)
- Training or certification in Lean 6-sigma methods
- DFSS Green Belt certification
- Mechanical seal design experience
- Experience working for an aircraft engine OEM
- Experience applying GD&T
- Proficient knowledge in fluid mechanics.
- Ability to interpret technical and regulatory specifications and convert requirements to qualifying actions including analysis, similarity, and testing.
- Proficiency in Product Data Management systems for document control and workflow management (ENOVIA is a plus).
- Ability to perform preliminary structural and mechanical analysis through FEA and/or kinematic simulation.
- Ability to organize information, produce well written reports and prepare technical presentations.
- Ability to effectively document and present results of technical activities. Design, analyze and optimize products capable of meeting customer requirements and industry standards through the use of existing, modified, and/or new designs.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective intra and inter-departmental relationships at all levels. Facilitate consensus solutions to effectively resolve problems and issues.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time