Senior Customer Order Engineer (Automatic Transfer Switches)
- You will develop a variety of complex drawings and bills-of-material based upon established product designs, which provides sufficient detail to accurately convey the purchaser’s equipment application and consulting with plant and field sales engineers in interpreting and defining new equipment applications.
- You will advise Customer Order Design and Customer Order Engineers, Manufacturing and Purchasing (as needed) in interpreting information for the accurate production of equipment in accordance with purchaser’s requirements.
- You will consult with Quality Department in resolving issues after equipment is shipped, when required.
- You will complete and manage small to large projects to completion in meeting deadlines; and, performs standard engineering assignments representing a significant portion of larger project.
- You will interface daily with remote engineering locations in Juarez, Mexico and Pune, India in processing of customer orders; takes lead role for all ATS COE orders at Arden location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three (3) year’s engineering experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology from an accredited institution.
- Five years relevant technical engineering experience.
- A C.O.E. acquires shop orders based upon experience, degree of difficulty, participation in special projects, speed of performance.
- Since the C.O.E.’s output drives most other functions dealing with a shop order, accuracy and timeliness can have a major impact on the overall quality and timeliness of the finished product.
- Power distribution and control systems experience.
- Excellent knowledge of established design standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and high proficiency with AutoCAD/Inventor and other engineering/business software applications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time