Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Technician
- You will assist with supporting the EHS manager with Safety and Environmental programs for the Reno site.
- You will assist and maintain all OSHA compliance programs, but not limited to: PPE, Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection, Blood Borne Pathogen, Foot Protection and Eye Protection, Confined Space, Contractor Safety and Hazard Communication
- You will actively participate in investigation of all accidents and near misses, identify root causes, and ensures corrective actions are implemented
- You will serve as a key member of the plant's safety committee
- You will support all facility Continuous Improvement and LEAN initiatives
High School education or equivalent (i.e., diploma or GED) is required from an accredited institution
No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles from Reno, NV to be considered.
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
Minimum of 1 year of experience in a EHS-related position
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences, Safety, Health, or related field from an accredited institution (or degree in progress)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Demonstrated success in leading or supporting EHS systems and compliance programs
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels in an organization while establishing and maintaining a strong EHS presence
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No