- You will contribute to the creation of new product opportunities that provide value through technology.
- You will create commercially viable solutions to control system challenges in the vehicle powertrain domain.
- You will define, plan and execute all engineering aspects of a prototype control system development project including analysis, design, implementation, and test.
- You will invent new intellectual property that enables value creation.
- You will oversee the installation of prototype control systems into development vehicles and dynamometers.
- You will interact with engineers, designers, and technicians to accomplish project objectives.
- You will interact with customer, partner, and supplier organizations to accomplish project objectives.
- You will clearly communicate to management and stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in control system design and development.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Southfield, MI will be considered.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Experience in the commercial vehicle industry.
- Experience with the integration of systems composed of mechanical, electrical, communication, and control elements.
- Experience with working in technical teams to accomplish objectives.
- Expert knowledge of algorithm development for control of dynamic systems.
- Expert knowledge of embedded control system architecture definition, component design/selection, and implementation.
- Technical creativity and inventiveness.
- Basic knowledge of vehicular powertrain systems.
- Ability to represent Eaton at external events.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH VTI Engrg Vehicle Technology and Innovation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time