Eaton's Power Distribution Components Division has an opening for a:
Location: Busag, Romania
· The primary function of this role is to meet the schedule, scope, cost and technical targets on the projects as well to manage the transition phase of all the projects that will be implemented into the plant.
· Ability to lead small project teams and execute a gated product development process.
· Work closely with plant functions, customers and field sales to maximize growth through new or existing product.
· Create project plans/master schedule and use metrics to measure progress. Provides schedule and cost variance reports to plant management against plan.
· Provides input and projects status to the Plant manager and project team in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment. Manages change in scope.
· Focuses and advises on managerial concerns of the program (e.g., technical, cost, schedule and resource allocation). Uses risk management methodologies.
· Works in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Manufacturing, SCM, Process Engineering, Suppliers, etc.).
· Provides monthly project updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule).
· Proposal preparation for new products and programs, which includes, quotation support, such as pricing strategy, market intelligence, and competitor knowledge relating to new or existing products.
· Perform market research, surveys, and analysis relating to new product opportunities. Support customer and field sales with information, product literature, sales samples and data relating to new or existing products. Assist Product Manager in monitoring customer activity and competitive trends.
· Champion and maintain key program management tools such as PROLaunch, Project Server, Microsoft Project, etc.
· BS / BA preferred
· 2-5 years of experience and/or related project management duties
· Strong analytical skills
· Technical aptitude
What Eaton offers:
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
· Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time