Product Sales Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace Group, Fuel and Motion Controls Division is currently seeking a Product Sales Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
The Product Sales Manager is responsible for achieving sales and intake targets at their assigned site while leading growth opportunities through the stages of the selling cycle. This process requires the application of value selling and Pro Launch tools with particular emphasis on developing winning capture strategies and selling value.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will ensure that the new business pipeline is healthy and aligned with the strategic goals of the division. Leverages extended resources to identify and execute new business opportunities.
- You will develop the annual intake, sales, and profit plan for the site.
- You will apply Pro-Launch and value cycle tools in the new business capture processes. The PSM leads or supports capture teams throughout the business capture process. The PSM will lead a cross functional capture team to develop proposals and present the Eaton value proposition to the customer as required.
- You will manage sales for the assign site to ensure targets are achieved. Identifies and captures book and bill business, works with customer service to manage customer pull ins as needed.
- You will work with the Director of Sales and finance resources to develop opportunity business cases utilizing the NBR tool.
- You will work closely with the Customer Account Team. Supports customer visits as needed. Owns customer relationships as assigned.
- You will support the development of market trend/dynamics analyses and how they impact intake performance. Proactively develops and executes action plans to ensure intake goals are achieved and plant health metrics are Green.
- You will support the strategic planning process through understanding and effective communication of customer needs. Support the development of customer needs analysis as required. Maintain a thorough knowledge of the product line, new technology needs, and future application requirements. Maintain a current knowledge of competitors products and identifies strengths and weaknesses compared to Eaton Aerospace products.
- You will support the demand aspect of the SIOP process and is an active participant in all necessary phases of the process.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product sales within the aerospace industry
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Strong leadership skills, effective in a matrix management environment
- Strong Business Acumen – must understand market and customer trends, customer needs and impact on future product development programs, new business case financials.
- Strong Customer interface skills. Ability to uncover customer needs and translate into winning capture strategies and value propositions
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time