Drives Application Engineer
Eaton’s Industrial Controls Division is currently seeking a Drives Application Engineer to join our team. This position is able to work in any U.S. Eaton location.
The Drives Application Engineer is responsible for exceeding profit plan sales and order objectives for the respective sales region buy developing relationships and driving sales growth with Drive IS Reps, Channel Partners and HVAC/Pumping OEMs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work within assigned geography to close new orders and meet sales growth goals.
- You will prepare recommendations, price estimates and written proposals for Representatives, Distributors and Sales partners.
- You will identify OEM targets with product line management and perform market research, make (cold call) and develop plan.
- You will make customer sales presentations with field sales personnel as required or requested.
- You will conduct commercial review process for engineered product orders and facilitate resolution of discrepancies to ensure "clean order" status.
- You will assist product manager with contract management, development, and execution of growth strategies to ensure customer satisfaction and desired margin performance.
- You will evaluate cost data and perform market studies on standard products and shipping orders to monitor performance and take action to ensure achievement of financial intents.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in a sales engineering/application engineering role supporting electrical products OR 3 years of engineering experience designing industrial controls and/or drives
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Relocation assistance is not available for this position however, this position is able to work in any U.S. Eaton location
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in electrical engineering or similar field (BSEET or BSME)
Knowledge of motor control productions including adjustable speed drives.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Strong communication, problem solving, strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, wiring schematics and specifications.
- Ability to develop quotation packages.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time