Country Buyer (Indirect Material & Services)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton Automotive Systems Sp. z o.o. in Bielsko-Biala, Poland has an opening for: COUNTRY BUYER ( maternity cover – 16-18 months)
Your key deliverables :
· Negotiates contracts, and programs for defined local categories that fully satisfy stakeholder requirements to reduce the total cost of material & services
· Leads the deployment of all performance improvement initiatives within indirect at country and local site level
· Manage local Indirect service providers, selection of suppliers, their performance and drive productivity initiatives through the IDEAS program.
· Provides accurate and timely reporting of performance and activities aligned to annual goals/targets
· Manages local supplier partner relationships as appropriate to build effective support and category impact, maintaining a highly ethical and transparent approach to “doing business right”
· Creates long term local supplier partner relationships that lead to optimal price reductions, quality improvements, process improvements, and on time delivery performance.
· Consolidates major purchases to negotiate and secure the best possible sourcing and procurement agreements.
Scope of the role:
· Spend in scope : $40m
· Commodities in scope: All Indirect Categories
· Countries in Scope: Poland, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark
· Business Units in scope: Vehicle Group / Electrical Sector
· 25% travel is anticipated
· University Degree - Post Qualification/further education desirable
· Fluent Polish & English skills required - other languages advantageous
· Functional SCM knowledge & experience – relevant years of experience
· Possesses strong negotiation and supplier management skills
· Ability to develop and negotiate effective commercial contracts on behalf of Eaton.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We would like to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time