Eaton’s Electrical Power Division is currently seeking a Project Leader to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC location.
Purpose of Role:
As a Power Quality Supply Chain team member, this role will support overall cost out and productivity efforts for the division through identification, execution and facilitation of cost out activities utilizing productivity and project management tools.
• Develop, support and implement supply chain continuous improvement programs, with a primary focus on cost savings & productivity, to meet or exceed business objectives across Power Quality Division - Americas.
• Facilitate cost reduction events and drive projects within the supply base driving to lower the costs of components through process improvements and Eaton leveraged supply base agreements, as well as VA/VE, material management, global benchmarking, cost models, and lean tools.
• Support the manufacturing plants’ CIF (Continuous Improvement Framework) journey through project generation, driving projects as well as implementation.
• Manage cost out project tracking and reporting to prioritize savings opportunities, savings forecast and address gaps to plan as required. Coordinate efforts within the Eaton supply chain organization and other key functional stakeholders such as engineering, operations and finance.
• Lead cost out/productivity projects utilizing PROLaunch and PMI methodologies.
• Have Strong financial acumen - must be able to undertake data mining, spend analysis, understand the source of the data and detect and correct anomalies in erroneous reporting.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, supply chain, or engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3 years of professional experience; purchasing, sourcing, operations or supply chain preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographical area (60 mile radius) will be considered.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
• Experience with MRP/ERP systems; preferably in SAP or similar ERP.
• PMI Certification
• Six Sigma Certification
• Prior project management experience of cross-functional teams
• Prior lean and supplier management experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time