Power Quality Account Engineer
Eaton has an opening for a Power Quality Account Engineer within the Power Quality Division that will be located in Asheville, NC.
The Power Quality Account Engineer provides pre-sale technical and application support, quotation, and product selection assistance for customers, end users, field sales, distributors, and resellers on designated Power Quality Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) and related products. The Account Engineer delivers exceptional service as the main point of customer contact through a positive attitude, high availability, accuracy, and responsiveness. They also partner with field sales to support and influence designated sales goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide efficient and accurate pre-sale technical support by evaluating customer needs and recommending solutions
- You will analyze customer power systems and load requirements, interrupting customer specifications, drawings, and schematics to select appropriate units for customer applications and build Bill of Material (BOM)
- You will provide quotations per customer requirements according to channel pricing structures
- You will manage and administer pricing programs such as deal registrations and special discounts
- You will communicate sales leads to field sales organization and product line
- You will be single point of customer contact, owning and helping to resolve post-shipment issues as appropriate
- You will develop and maintain customer relationships through excellent customer service skills
- You will be available and manage daily phone, email and chat activity to provide solutions for internal and external customers
- You will proactively communicate customer needs to the product lines and making recommendations for product enhancements and future offerings
- You will communicate regularly with the field sales organization to share and influence business intelligence
- You will travel to customer or company events and locations to represent organization, train on products and processes, and participate in sales events.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution is required
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in sales, customer support, marketing, or engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United State without company sponsorship
- Ability to understand basic electricity
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with single and three-phase power generation and distribution
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of Electrical Standards (NEC, UL, NEMA, IEC, CE, CSA, etc.)
- Ability to interpret customer specifications and drawings (electrical and mechanical)
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of Eaton’s and competitive products (including legacy units)
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with Uninterruptable Power Supplies product application
- Ability to demonstrate customer focus mindset
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with customers, sales, internal and external stakeholders to both verbally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge
- Ability to operate and form relationships internally in a matrixed structure
- Ability to be agile, adapt to and drive change and process improvements
- Ability to demonstrate Market/Industry and Competitive Knowledge
- Ability to train, mentor, and develop other employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with an electrical focus preferred
- 1 year of customer service experience
- 1 year of electrical or software industry experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD DPQ Distributed Power Quality
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time