Lead Utility Sales Engineer
Eaton Electrical Division North American Sales (NAS) organization has an opening for a Lead Utility Sales Engineer. The position does not offer relocation. All candidates must currently reside within the state of Wisconsin or within 50 miles of Glendale Heights, IL to be considered.
The primary function of the Lead Sales Engineer is to market and sell Eaton’s products and services to obtain orders that are profitable to Eaton. The position is expected to achieve electrical distribution and engineering services solutions sales results. This will be expected in the geographic market region consistent with the expectations of seasoned sales professionals. The primary responsibility is to manage the assigned customer base, to increase sales in the local marketplace, application guidance and technical assistance to assigned customers. This position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, specifiers, and customers including Eaton Authorized Distributors.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements
- You will quote projects and negotiate correct required pricing
- You will prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness
- You will build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects
- You will work with factories to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues
- You will canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements
- You will assist the team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions
- You will obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution,
• Minimum five (5) years of electrical industry sales experience and/or seven (7) years of electrical industry experience
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
• No relocation is offered for this position. All
candidates must currently reside within the state of Wisconsin or within 50
miles of Glendale Heights, IL to be considered.
Position Success Criteria:
• Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
• Electrical product knowledge
• Experience managing/motivating distributors and channel partners
• Strong drive for results and self-motivated (ability to work independently)
• Solid business acumen and decision making skills
• Ability to travel 30-60% (Primarily local customer travel)
• Knowledge of competitor products and channels in the utility industry.
Project management skills
• Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
• Skilled in time management
• Possess negotiating skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close orders
• Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
• Robust presentation, training and communications skills
• Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
• Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
• Understanding of the utility segment and customers with an emphasis on T&D.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Experience with sales within the Utility market, inclusive of transmission and distribution or generation
• Experience with channel management
• Experience working with consulting engineers
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time