Customer Service Representative
Eaton is seeking a Customer Service Representative and for its Panelboard / Switchboard Satellite Operation. The Customer Service Representative position will be located at the Satellite facility in La Vergne, TN
Position Overview :
The Customer Service Representative is the primary point of contact at the Satellite facility for all external customers, internal customers and field sales. In this role you will establish and maintain effective customer relations in support of organizational objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate and negotiate with stakeholders to quote prices for projects on all respective product line orders, enclosed breakers, and other miscellaneous products within established price structures / ranges, lead times and exceptions for quotations for all orders for these products.
· Coordinate operation schedule for respective product lines’ order building / processing within production capacity, engaging with the satellite staff daily to ensure organization goals are realized.
· Process incoming orders, generate purchase orders as needed, and prepare manufacturing instructions for production floor, including product engineering / configuration changes.
· Exercise discretion and independent decision making to reschedule or reassign orders, select effective supply vendors, and coordinate inbound shipments including expedite orders and advanced purchase items.
· Support all respective information systems / programs to maintain streamlined operations
· Proactively seek ways to improve overall facility performance to promote an environment of continuous improvement and teamwork.
· Other duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Associates degree or higher from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a customer service position
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that reside within the immediate geographic area of La Vergne, TN will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· 2-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (sales, supply chain, production, engineering)
· 2-5 years’ experience in sales, customer service, or roles involving price negotiation
· Working knowledge of electricity, electrical diagrams (schematics, powerflow), manufacturing drawings
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational & time management/prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only