Senior Field Service Technician
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division is currently seeking a Senior Field Service Technician to join our team. This position will be based out of our Appleton, WI or Menomonee Falls, WI or Glendale Heights, IL service facility.
The Senior Field Service Technician is responsible for providing field service engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of installation, startup, maintenance, and repair, training, and modification of electrical power distribution equipment. In this role you will self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; provide technical solutions to customers; perform less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will maintain all service equipment including all test equipment, tools issued to meet specifications including ISO requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
- You will demonstrate ability to service newly designed and experimental equipment, which has not been seen before, and instill confidence in the customer.
- You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction.
- You will demonstrate an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints.
- You will demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Regular (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associates degree and/or military experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation will be provided. Candidate must reside in within the immediate geographical areas noted above to be considered.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly desirable.
- Experience performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience with protective relays is highly desirable.
- Electrical Contractor’s License.
- Professional Engineering License.
- General Contractor’s License.
Position Success Criteria:
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Power distribution field experience in servicing, maintaining, and testing electrical power distribution equipment.
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills. Particular skill in communicating technical information to non-technical personnel, educating customers, and presenting information to internal and external customers.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time