Solution Sales Specialist
- Achieve profit plan orders, sales, price, profitability and growth objectives for the Eaton Power Quality (PQ) business
- Maintain Named Accounts, Segment and Territory sales business in accordance with the designated sales targets
- Business Development within existing and potential Clients within the above Named Accounts, Segments and Territories
Maintain close relationships with Named Accounts accounts, discussing customer requirements and creating solutions.
Assist in preparing and overseeing tenders for products and solutions to meet the customer’s needs and promote opportunities for sales of the company’s products
- Assist in preparing and overseeing preparation of contract documents for recommendation to senior management and then subsequent negotiation with clients
- Monitor sales proposals and liaise with clients to modify proposals accordingly. Maintain contact with customer through to post-installation phases
- Follow up with key clients any complaints about relevant company products and aim for satisfactory solutions from both the company’s and customer’s viewpoints. Recommend product modifications in response to customer problems
- Creative mindset to assist with Demand Generation activities to increase sales
- Monitor competitor activities and market trends through personal contact with clients and suppliers, and attendance at industry association meetings, seminars and trade functions etc.
- Plan and report on customer calls, product requirements and provide regular progress reports and sales outlooks as directed by sales manager
- Be aware of the company’s and your own obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations as well as the company’s documented Quality Management system
- Participate in sales meetings, ensure accurate forecasting and Manager One-on-One’s to give and receive market intelligence
- Ensure all activities comply with legal and ethical requirements
- Comply with the company’s policies and procedures
- 5+ years of sales experience selling into End User accounts, or
- Familiar with Sales Principles and Eaton Value Cycle Tools (Value Pricing, Business Intelligence, Value Selling, etc.).
- Familiar with selling using a Named Account and Segment strategy.
- Track record of success managing direct and indirect customers (End Users, Contractors, Consultants), across many diverse product lines, and customer segments
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations, personnel development, in-depth knowledge of products, product applications and specifiers.
- High levels of motivation and activity levels to apply adequate coverage to major, new and existing accounts
- Understand major competitors tactics, organization, distribution strategy, and pricing while keeping management informed of trends and changes
- Proficient in Tender Document preparation
- Proficient in MS Office PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience using CRM tools for sales territory management
- Strong communication abilities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: ANZD AustraliaNew Zealand Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time