Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager
- Perform supplier quality assessments (SQA) to qualify new suppliers, maintain SQA results to ensure current suppliers are in Approved Vendor List (AVL) list. Work with Supply Chain Management (SCM) to conduct suppliers’ quarterly business reviews and supplier risk assessment.
- Conduct production part approvals through PPAP process, validations and first article inspections of supplied parts.
- Work with ANZ engineering team to perform or review DFMEA’s and pFMEA’s to ensure potential risk of the product are identified, and then the specifications are clearly communicated to suppliers through PFA (Production Feasibility Agreement).
- Identify and achieve cost out opportunities through supplier sourcing or production improvements.
- Work with Service Team, Eaton Intercompany Partners and third party suppliers to address (a) Field Service Bulletins (FSB’s) and (b) customer complaints in ANZ lodged through C360 system with containment and corrective actions. Analyze warranty returns and perform failure analysis. Use this information to initiate corrective actions with external or internal suppliers, as well as cost recovery.
- Ensure ISO9001 certification is maintained and assist with ISO14001 and MESH (Management of Environment, Safety and Health) deployment.
- Develop and maintain an internal auditor team in ANZ through training, coaching and mentoring of internal auditors. Schedule and perform annually ISO9001 internal audits on all processes and functions within ANZ to ensure EQMS (Eaton Quality Management System) compliance.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts through the use of the Eaton Lean System, Eaton Quality System and ISO9001 corrective and preventative action policies to drive down the cost of non-conformances. Lead the annual Key Work Process Review and Value Stream Mapping (VSM) Review aligned with the annual EBS Pull Review.
- Implementation and development of Continuous Improvement programs
- Other related tasks and duties as determined by Management
- Bachelor’ degree in Science or Engineering (Electrical preferred)
- Experience with process continuous improvement tools such as Lean and Six Sigma
- Experience of internal & external quality auditing
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and implementation
- Ability to analyse and interpret drawings and validate components against these.
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly communicate to employees, suppliers & customers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: ANZD AustraliaNew Zealand Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time