Lead Manufacturing Engineer
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer role will lead manufacturing and industrialization activities for new product development (NPD) projects through all stages of development into release for production within the Haina manufacturing facility. This position will lead the development and implementation of robust manufacturing processes, as well as the associated documentation, to ensure the successful launch of new and/or improved low voltage products and processes. The Lead Manufacturing Engineer will collaborate with other functions and suppliers to facilitate efficient industrialization and to drive schedule performance while meeting safety, quality, and cost expectations. Lead manufacturing and industrialization efforts for NPD projects and product extensions as well as for product robustness improvement projects for existing low voltage products.
1. Coordinate the development, procurement, and implementation of prototype and production tooling, fixtures, & equipment within budget and schedule, while ensuring safety, quality, and yield requirements are met.
2. Collaborate with ICD industrialization team in the management of product cost and capital expense forecasts for NPD projects.
3. Ensure reliable, cost effective, circuit breaker manufacturing solutions that meet or exceed the needs of the design and customer applications.
4. Gather information and participate in cost reduction proposals, as well as assist in the implementation of cost out ideas to meet cost out objectives.
5. Lead NPD project activity requirements aligned to manufacturing engineering (process maps and layouts, process potential failure mode effects analysis (PFMEAs), design for manufacture and assembly, product cost & budget).
6. Collaborate with ICD design and manufacturing teams, as well as with plant quality and safety functions, throughout product and process development to ensure a successful transition from design to prototype to production.
7. Collect and analyze early product and process performance data, using applicable Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing approaches, and implement robust solutions to product design and manufacturing process challenges to ensure a successful production release.
8. Review Engineering drawings for manufacturability and build electronic bills of material (BOMs) in plant ERP system.
9. Create technical documentation packages as required to support supply chain in the quotation process.
10. Manage NPD inventories at the plant to meet project budget and schedules.
11. Lead prototype builds through developing pilot production lines and associated processes as well as through scheduling and coordinating pilot builds at the plant.
12. Lead the establishment of the plant production line, including the material storage and handling processes.
13. Create and implement process controls, work instructions, standard work, and required safety documentation, and provide relevant training to plant personnel.
14. Coordinate the implementation of packaging and labeling processes to meet product and marketing requirements.
15. Oversee database management for product and process performance data (TDM) for low voltage products.
· Bachelor degree in Industrial, Electronic or Electromechanical Engineering, or similar careers.
o Preferable: Master Degree
· Minimum experience of 5 – 7 years in similar positions.
· Bilingual: English/Spanish.
· Computer knowledge: MS Office, Familiarity with CAD tools – PROE, SolidWorks, AutoCAD or equivalent (and drawing interpretation skills), AS400
· Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control), Lean, 6 Sigma and ISO9001.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time