Eaton’s Fluid Conveyance Division within the Hydraulics Group is seeking an Accountant. The Accountant will be based at our Cleveland, TN facility.
position will assist in preparing financial analyses to support complex business
resolutions by plant management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform payroll duties including reconciling payroll and following up with HR & Supervisors to ensure proper coding in the system.
- You will handle accounts payable inquiries and responds to suppliers.
- You will assist in month-end activities including journal entries, reconciliations and financial reports.
- You will assist in annual preparation of the profit plan and the department budgets.
- You will monitor, examine and reconcile inventory; including cycle count procedures and the annual physical inventory.
- You will manage the cost accounting functions including rolling/maintaining standard costs, variance analysis to monitor performance and detect trends affecting the business and maintenance of pricing and customer files as well as identify, track and validate accuracy of cost out projects and report actual and forecasted amounts.
- You will ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor ‘s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance from an accredited institution is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Cleveland, TN facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 1-5 years accounting experience preferred
- Prior payroll experience preferred
- Experience within a distribution or manufacturing industry preferred
- Adept with Microsoft Office excel, word, power point and outlook.
- Knowledge of ERP software is strongly preferred.
- Strong management, and organizational skills, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team oriented, flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management and functions.
- Organized, detail oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and ability to work in a multi-task/functional environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No