Front Line Production Leader
The Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group has an opening for a Front Line Production Leader. The Front Line Production Manager position will be based in Euclid, Ohio.
The Front Line Production Leader will be responsible for leading a cross functional High Performance Work Team of 20-25 people to meet safety, quality, productivity, housekeeping (5S), scrap, rework, delivery, Aging work order and cost targets for the production Value Stream. Supervise direct and indirect production employees and salaried employees. Manage the daily activities of all High Performance Work team members and direct production Team Members. Drive continuous improvement in production, quality and safety while utilizing the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF). Maintain and present metrics to ensure levels of performance are known and improved upon in daily stand-up meetings.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will actively participate in cross-functional teams to assist in driving quality improvements, process improvements, business system enhancements and process standardization
- You will review Daily Production Plan with HPWT Planner to establish priorities for the shop floor.
- You will ensure safe, adequate and efficient utilization of equipment to conduct business.
- You will employ effective leadership techniques to enforce all policies, practices and procedures
- You will identify and implement methods and practices to achieve steady improvement in safety, MESH, 5S, delivery, quality, cost, inventory, capacity planning, efficiency, quality, service and continuous improvement in operating profits.
- You will manage the performance of direct and dotted line reports, effectively utilizing performance rating system for salaried reports.
- You will ensure all functional areas have accurate, timely information.
- You will assist in the creation of training plans and programs, and promotes cross-training opportunities
- You will foster an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals and philosophy, encourages continuous improvement and builds customer relationships.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Manufacturing or Operations
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time