Materials Manager - Advanced Manufacturing
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Materials Manager – Advanced Manufacturing to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA location.
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for the continued development, improvement and implementation of materials management process for the Advance Manufacturing Pilot Production facility within the Lighting Division, PTC. This includes responsibility for procurement strategy, procurement execution, production planning and material flow throughout the facility from receiving of raw materials to shipment of finished goods, including inventory management and accuracy.
• Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of materials management processes across the Advanced Manufacturing Pilot PTC Lighting facility.
• Develop and Implement a sustainable roadmap for improvement and standardization of Material Master Data and Replenishment Strategies used to govern the Materials function in support of NPI ProLaunch Programs- Product Conception through Transfer to Core Plant.
• Develop Standard Work to direct the daily activities of the Materials Management personnel.
• Responsible for the accuracy of the material master data to include lead times and other key data elements necessary to effectively execute MRP.
• Implement defined replenishment strategies within the ERP system to enable optimal execution of MRP and tactical procurement leveraging the full benefits of the ERP system.
• Lead the supplier development activities for the facility to include supplier on-time delivery performance improvement and cost roadmap development.
• Responsible for translating the S&OP Demand Plan for the facility into a Supply Plan that includes the development of a facility level capacity plan and specific forecasts for key suppliers.
• Responsible for analyzing data and using data to develop specific action plans to improve on-time delivery performance and inventory turns for the facility.
• Responsible for developing a production plan to optimize on-time delivery and cost productivity.
• Responsible for developing processes and controls to ensure that material movement throughout the facility (from receiving to shipping) is properly recorded resulting in strong inventory accuracy for the facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• 3 years in a Materials Management or Procurement function
• Experience operating in a major ERP platform
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Must reside within 50 miles commuting distance of Peachtree City, GA Eaton location
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, emphasis in Supply Chain/Materials or Engineering
• 3 years of experience as a Materials Manager
• SAP Procurement and Materials Management Experience
• Lean/six sigma certification
Position Success Criteria:
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily requirements
• Understanding MRP and Production Planning
• Quality oriented
• Ability to work proactively as a member of a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Project management skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time