Regional Lighting Design Engineer
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Regional Lighting Design Engineer, you will work closely with internal and external sales teams preparing lighting designs for major projects and customers. The role involves working to tight deadlines producing technically compliant and commercially viable design solutions to support our business development activities and increase our win rate.
The essential functions of the role include:
• Produce technically compliant and the most commercially viable design solutions
• To communicate with members of the sales team to understand their needs and integrate these into the design
• Support the sales engineers as required in the presentation of the design proposal to the client which will include customer visits at times
• Prepare technical submissions to support the offer
• Working as part of a team and supporting other team members as required
• Take part in regular training and self-learning to maintain relevant technical standards and use latest innovations as appropriate
• Attend appraisal and assessment meetings when requested by the Company.
• Identify opportunities for cross-selling other Eaton products and services where these exist in the design solutions you are working on
We are looking for positive motivated individuals who are team-players but also able to work on own initiative. A passion for learning and self-development, a hunger to succeed and be best in class are the attributes that will contribute to the success of our business. We are flexible on location for this position and role has the opportunity to be home based where suitable.
Qualifications• HND/ Degree in Building Services, Architectural Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar
• LIA Certificate Course
• Competency in Relux lighting design software and AutoCAD
• Preferably a working knowledge of Autodesk Revit
• Ideally at last 2 years work experience in lighting design
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time