EA Commercial Controller
- Lead financial activities including accounting, closing, reporting, Credit management, tax, compliance for East Asia ledgers
- Review, analyze financial data for accuracy, consistency and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reporting
- Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with GAAP and local statutory requirements.
- Participate and support monthly forecast and annual profit plan process.
- Support the analysis of profitable and unprofitable products to provide valuable information to management for decision making
- Support the analysis of actual expenditure and budget variances , drive cost saving
- Support corporate projects to drive legal entity rationalization and compliance in EA countries.
- Liaison with ISSC to improve quality of ISSC support, support ERP implementation in the region.
- Build Organizational Capability of finance function. Ensure that top talent is hired and retained. Provide training opportunities for finance employees and give honest and open feedback to aid in the development of finance talent.
- Overesee Japan and Thailand finance team, drive consistency and standardization of accounting process
- To be committed & responsible for Quality Management System:
- Implement the process approach and risk-based thinking
- Provide the necessary support to fully implement and sustain the QMS
- Communicating to the organization the importance of conforming to QMS requirements
- Ensuring the QMS meets its goals
- Engage, direct, and support individuals contributing to the QMS
- Create a culture of continuous improvement
- Accounting or Financial degree or international equivalent
- >6 years of financial management experience with consolidation of statutory accounts expertise
- Knowledge of US GAAP, local Singapore and Malaysia accounting and tax practice
- Conversant in all finance disciplines including accounting, tax and treasury matters
- Experience in transaction processing within Finance or Accounting
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to relate prior experience and knowledge of controls across company operations
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to summarize findings and present solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership skill – ability to work independently as well as with team members drive projects to conclusion
- Ability to operate across, and influence within, a complex matrix based global organization structure
- Ability to effectively drive change, challenge the status quo and champion new and innovative ideas
- Demonstrate professional presence, communicates articulately and confidently
- Exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflicts
- Effectively leverage functional and cross-functional resources to solve problems, improve processes and meet objectives
- Acts as a business partner – sees the big picture and provides broad thought leadership
- Working knowledge of Eaton’s financial systems (Oracle, SAP and Encore)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EA East Asia
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time